The original recipe I started using I found at White House Black Shutters. But I found that 4 cups of water was too much and I had to squeeze out each wipe before using. I also noticed a little mold in the bottom of my containers. After doing some online research I learned that it was because I wasn't using them fast enough. My solution was to switch to distilled water instead of tap water, and I also started making 1/2 batches at a time to make sure I use what I make.
So enough babbling, here is the recipe I use to make my wipes, using similar steps as White House Black Shutters:
Homemade Baby Wipes
Makes 1/2 Batch
- Container with lid - I got mine at the Dollar Tree, but I don't reccommend it
- 1/2 roll Paper Towels - cut full roll in half with sharp knife, save other 1/2 for later
- 1 1/2 cups warm Distilled Water
- 1 Tbsp Coconut Oil
- 2-3 drops Baby Shampoo - I use California Baby Tea Tee & Lavendar Shampoo/Bodywash
- 1 drop Baby Lotion - Optional.. sometimes I do this and sometimes I don't
(Make sure the cut side of teh paper towel is on the bottom.)
(Pull wipes from the center.)
Let me know if you try it and what you think!