Hello!

I hope you enjoy my blog of my many adventures in life, and I promise to post as often as I can!

*Most photos I'll be sharing will be my own, if not I will do my best to link/share the original owner. I don't mind the pinning/sharing of my photos, but please ONLY the photos that have my MamaGooseAdventures signature on them. Thanks!



Pages

Thursday, January 19, 2012

Bleached T's

The shirt I made my brother's girlfriend!  Isn't it awesome?!

Back before the holidays I was on BabyCenter.com (an awesome site for moms and moms-to-be), and happened across a board of Homemade Christmas gifts ideas.  One mama posted a picture of her awesome initialed t-shirts that she made, so I had to send her a message to find out how she did it!  It turns out all she used was bleach!

So I made a few and turned out great!  I made one for my brother's girlfriend for Christmas, and one for my cousin for her birthday.  I even got a little crazy and tried a different technique, and made a shirt for my brother and a sweatshirt for my grandpa!  I want to make one for me too, but I haven't had the chance yet!

Make a Bleached T with a Spray Bottle

Supplies:
1. 100% Cotton T-shirt (any color as long as it's dark)
2. Spray Bottle of Bleach & Water (50/50)
3. Parchment or Wax Paper
4. Sticker Paper (you can also use Parchment Paper for this as well)
5. Computer/Printer

Directions:
1. Go on MS Word and create the letter or word that you want on your shirt.  Either print it out on the sticker paper (I recommend using a light gray color so you don't waste your ink) or if you're using parchment paper, print it out on regular printer paper first then trace it onto the parchment paper by hand.  Cut out your letter(s).
2. Lay out your shirt on a flat surface.  Cut out some parchment paper and slide inside of the shirt.  This is so that the bleach will only stay on the front side of your shirt.  (Don't forget pieces for the sleeves!)
3.  Place your letter on your shirt.  If your using sticker paper, take off the back and stick it into place.  If you're using parchment paper, you might wand to use double stick tape to help it stay but that's up to you.
4.  Grab your spray bottle, and start spraying!  Spray as much or as little as you like.  You are using bleach, so you will see results right away.  Colors will vary!
5.  When you're done, quickly remove your letters and parchment paper and through your shirt in the wash on a cold/cold rinse.  Then feel free to wash/dry how you desire.


The shirt I made my brother!  He loved it!

Make a Bleached T with a Rag

Supplies:
1. 100% Cotton T-shirt (any color as long as it's dark)
2. Small bowl of Bleach & Water (50/50)
3. Small rag or sponge
4. Towel or other type of cloth you don't mind getting bleach on
5. Sticker Paper (you can also use Parchment Paper for this as well)
6. Computer/Printer

Directions:
1. Follow the same first step as we did with the other shirt:  Go on MS Word and create the letter or word that you want on your shirt.  Either print it out on the sticker paper (I recommend using a light gray color so you don't waste your ink) or if you're using parchment paper, print it out on regular printer paper first then trace it onto the parchment paper by hand.  Cut out your letter.
2. Lay out your shirt on a flat surface.  Fold up a towel and place it inside the shirt.  This is in place of the parchment paper that was used in the other style.
3.  Place your letter on your shirt.  If your using sticker paper, take off the back and stick it into place.  If you're using parchment paper, you might wand to use double stick tape to help it stay but that's up to you.
4.  Dunk your rag or sponge into your bleach/water and squeeze out enough so that it's not dripping.  Start dabbing your all over where you want it bleached.  Dab as much or as little as you like, but I personally think with this way it is better to do more!  You are using bleach, so you will see results right away.  Colors will vary!
5.  When you're done, quickly remove your letters and parchment paper and through your shirt in the wash on a cold/cold rinse.  Then feel free to wash/dry how you desire.  And you're all done!

My Grandpa's sweatshirt... Goose calls him Papa
(I wish I'd done more patting on this one because it's hard to see, but he still loved it!)

I love these!  If you get the chance to try this, let me know how it goes!  I would love to see pictures too!

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment