Hello!

I hope you enjoy my blog of my many adventures in life, and I promise to post as often as I can!

*Most photos I'll be sharing will be my own, if not I will do my best to link/share the original owner. I don't mind the pinning/sharing of my photos, but please ONLY the photos that have my MamaGooseAdventures signature on them. Thanks!



Pages

Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Book me!

Well, since my class yesterday I've been itching to sew something else, so I did!  I searched online for some simple projects that didn't use alot of fabric (since I really only have scraps that I got after raiding my mom's sewing drawer), and I came across this fabric heart bookmark.  I gave it a whirl, and I had the hardest time!  I thought I would have no problem around the curves, but it was so hard.  I'm sure with practice I will eventually get it, but needless to say, my bookmark did not turn out well at all!  (Hence the reason there is no picture!) 

So since that didn't turn out as planned, I wanted to try something else that would hopefully come out better.  I started searching again and found this checkbook cover.  I figured it only had straight stitches and only used 2 pieces of fabric (well 4 if you include the interfacing), and since I learned about interfacing in my class yesterday, I figured I'd give it a try!

The results... I am very happy with how it turned out!  I cut my fabric a little crooked, and therefore my stitching is a little off, but oh well!  It's only my 2nd project, right?!  If I make one again, I think I will make it wider and longer so my checkbook and register can fit in it better, so that it can stay closed on it's own.  Or maybe I'll get adventurous and figure out a way to put a tie or a button on it!



Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment