Hello!

I hope you enjoy my blog of my many adventures in life, and I promise to post as often as I can!

*Most photos I'll be sharing will be my own, if not I will do my best to link/share the original owner. I don't mind the pinning/sharing of my photos, but please ONLY the photos that have my MamaGooseAdventures signature on them. Thanks!



Pages

Tuesday, February 7, 2012

I'm finally sewing!

I finally had my first sewing class yesterday, Sewing 101 at Joann's, and all I have to say is that I am in LOVE with sewing!  It was a 2 1/2 hour class and I learned a TON!  About fabric, thread, needles, and tools, etc.  Plus we made a small bag for our project, and the best part is there was only 1 other lady in the class so I had a lot of one-on-one help learning about MY sewing machine!

Here's my beautiful sewing machine!  It's a Singer Brilliance and a gift from my mom for Christmas. Thank you mom!  I know I'm just beginner, and I don't remember anything about the type of machine I used in home ec, but the features I love on my machine are the automatic needle threader, the automatic reverse button, and of course the 99 decorative stitches I have to choose from!  I don't know if I will ever even use them all, but I love having options.  =0)

And here is the project I made in class!  It's a small draw string bag.  I'm not sure what size it is after sewn, but the pattern we used was a basic 8.5x11 sheet of paper.  It has a lot of imperfections, but I am very proud of my first project!  It's great for holding all my little sewing supplies!

I'm already signed up for Sewing 201 in a couple weeks, and can't wait to learn more!  I'm really itching to make something else, so I'm most likely going to find a simple project to practice with, or maybe I'll make another bag, who knows!
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment